Thursday, July 3, 2008

007 Wears Kokatat For Round Isle of Man Project

Christmas came early yesterday morning with the arrival of the courier with a box of goodies from Kokatat. The gear fits perfect the Knappster jacket in grey matches the grey streaks around my temples. I think the jacket makes me look very distinguished, kind of like Sean Connery twenty years ago. Yeah right! But the InnerCore Short Sleeve rash guard is out of this world. Why haven't I been wearing this all along? I've fitted the Tributary Hydration System to my PFD and will try it out this weekend.

The other part of Christmas was my sons Grade 11 school report. Third on the Headmasters Honours List, 1st in French 1st in Japanese, Distinction in Physics, top 5% (in Canada) in the University of Waterloo's Avogadro Contest, top 25% in the Fermat Math contest. And here's the scary part, "I have advised Matthew to spread his net very wide ...including the PPE program at Oxford."

Good Lord! What's wrong with the University of Pacific Life Studies, get you PHd for $100, just send a cheque. It worked for me, well it would have if only the US Department of Interstate Commerce and Postal Fraud had not closed the school over some technical misunderstanding. The chancellor has promised to send me my PHd as soon as he gets out of jail. Which is where my son will send me if he ever reads this. I'm not suppose to be proud but ever so reserved and cool. Doesn't work for me.

Finally the 3rd part of Christmas came via the Canadian Cancer Society who sent me four very nice emails telling me that Craig, Charmaine, Rob and Rick had contributed a total of $350 to the Round the Isle of Man project.

This news came after my morning treatment. I was resting at home running a slight fever with a mind splitting headache (these have been the typical symptoms) when the computer chimed to tell me I had mail. I was feeling like a drowning sailor in sight of land and safety but still trapped by the storm on the wrong side of the surf and the rocks. When out of the fog comes this safety line with Craig and the gang on the other end. What a lift to my spirits. To be hauled that much closer to my goal just when I was starting to grow discouraged.

I want to be over the $5,000 goal in actual donations collected before I leave. So here comes the shameless plug. If you want to contribute to the Round Isle of Man Project, Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Canadian Cancer Society - BC and Yukon Division. Everyone or company that contributes gets their name added to the kayak I'll use to paddle around the Isle of Man. I do the work your name gets a free ride. Well OK! It's not really free but you'll feel good about being there with me if in name only.

If the link does not work cut and paste the address below into your browser and follow the instructions.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=222680&supId=220904517

No comments: